Just recently I was looking at a client in 2nd spot for a term while they were seeing their listing in 3rd position.
We’ve known for some time know that Google is trying to personalise what they bring back to you, if over a period of time you click on certain typres of search results, these are the ones they want to bring back to you on an increasing basis.
This is alink to a great article from our frinds at Search Engine Land who explore this point in a lot more detail, but some of the reasons what we see are different could be any of the following:
- Personalized search results based on our own search history
- Influenced search results based on our friends’ search histories
- Local search results
- Brand mentions in social media and on web pages
- Query deserves images, video, products, news or other types of search results
- Query deserves freshness
- Query deserves diversity
- Brand mentions on social media and the web
- Over 500 algorithm changes a year
To read the full article, go here Search Engine Land
No related posts.