Santa Claus is coming to town and this year he won’t just be holding the reins to Rudolph in his hands. Instead he’ll probably be searching for the next chimney by firing up Google Places on his smartphone.
With over a quarter of adults and nearly half of all teens now owning a smartphone and 44% of Britain’s online population upping their online spending during Christmas 2010 compared to 2009 (total spend of 2.8bn), businesses more than ever need to make sure that they’re getting noticed on the web.
South Yorkshire based company, Need More Clicks, are on hand to give jargon free advice to local businesses who want to market themselves successfully online this festive season, and have pulled together three simple tips to help boost your online presence.
1. 20% of all internet searches include a location and this rises to 40% on a smartphone. Do you know if your company and its products and services can be found online? If they can’t, then they should be.
2. Are you telling Google what you do? Amazingly, most SME websites aren’t and it’s actually very straightforward to achieve. Remember, if you’ve not told Google what you do, then how can it tell online browsers what you do?
3. Google is very committed to helping local businesses be found online through Google Places. Have you claimed your listing and optimised it properly? If not, you should have!
“Christmas isn’t just a season to be merry anymore but now also a season to shop, and with 80% of all purchases involving an internet search at some point, it’s vital that a business and its website can be found easily,” explains Andy Roberts, Managing Director of Need More Clicks.
“Without a doubt Santa will be sticking smartphones into stockings all over the UK this December and with the volume of data transferred over the UK’s mobile networks increasing by forty-fold between 2007 and 2010, it’s more important than ever for local businesses to get noticed online,” he continues.
“By just following our three simple tips, you’re taking the first few steps to achieving this and helping to make sure your profits don’t get left out in the cold this Christmas.”
For further information, please visit www.needmoreclicks.com or telephone 01302 515 335.
Notes to Editors
For all press enquiries and photography please contact Tori or Sally at Bounce PR, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Tel: 01302 719030.
- Need More Clicks is based in Doncaster, South Yorkshire and provides online marketing services to businesses in the SME market place.
- They help clients achieve more online visibility, drive further visitors to their website and generate more business.
- Their aim is to provide advice in jargon free terms so clients can make an informed decision regarding whether they wish to attribute some of their budget and time to marketing themselves online.
- Need More Business? Need More Clicks